September 26, 2010

From PA to WA (FINALLY)!

Our family finally made it back to Oak Harbor WA on July 31, 2010, and not a moment too soon! What an eventful trip it was.....drama, comedy, and everything else mixed in. Here are some of the highlights:

1. We had a truck loading party on July 22 at 130 East Fifth Street, Lansdale PA. It was the hottest and most humid day of the year (98 degrees with about 70% humidity). The people from First Baptist Church Lansdale and some friends from Calvary Baptist Church helped us move. There was 15 people in all. I almost cried when I saw all of the love pouring out for us.

2. Cindy drove the Grand Caravan and I drove the Budget truck. We got separated for 200 miles (from the Allentown PA service plaza until almost to the OH border). After we got back together, we stayed together (for 5 miles). It wasn't until I saw her in Toledo OH that we got back together again.

3. I watched an idiot in a Family Dollar semi almost sideswipe our van in Chicago traffic. If I ever have to go back to the East Coast again (and I hope I won't), I will NOT drive through Chicago. I will go via Louisana, if I have to.

4. We got together with a classmate from Homestead High '76 (Fort Wayne IN) in Rosemont MN (Dewey and Debbie Roth). It was a wonderful time.

5. North Dakota has finally been added to the states that I have travelled. It was all that I expected...and less.

6. We hit a whale of a storm in Montana. I had to pull over because the truck was rocking so much and lightning was all around us. Met some neat people on motorcycles who had taken refuge in a car wash near where I had parked.

I have never been so glad to be anywhere as I am to be out of PA and back home in WA. I made some good friends in PA who I will dearly miss (but they can't get rid of me that easily. I have been staying in touch).

No comments: